Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Checking In

Logan did get his stitches out! He was such a champ, I could tell it hurt while they were being taken out, but he didn't cry, wiggle or complain. I was impressed. I did put him on a kind of quarantine while he had them in. I felt bad, but it is like he has an internal homing beacon for water. I was worried that if he were set free he would jump head first into the first puddle he came across.
To make it up to him Auntie Dena and I took Logan and Castle to the Utah Arts Festival on Saturday. We arrived before they opened the gates in an attempt to beat the crowd. It worked for us, we could move the stroller around and didn't really have to fight a bunch of people to get where we wanted to go. Logan had so much fun, he made a hat for Dena at Targets, Mad Hatter, booth. He was so nice that he told her she could wear it the whole time we were at the festival.

While Logan and Dena made the hat, I took Castle to the kids play yard. He loved it. He really enjoyed playing the pans. He tried to make off with the spoons a few times, I had to distract him and put them out of his reach! I hate to resort to deceit but he can be such a determined child when he wants something.

After we wandered around for a little while we decided it was too hot to stay and we headed for the exit. But before we could leave Logan spotted a fountain, I think he sensed it's presence. Of course he had to stop for a little romping around. Castle joined in the fun, after all he is a lot like his brother when it comes to water.

1 comment:

cleo/Sarah said...

Look at Castle's hair! It's so light and curly! Give those boys a hug for me.