Friday, July 18, 2008

Logan's Big Boy Room

While I was pregnant with Logan I worked diligently at creating a nursery for him. Let it be known I am not very creative and my eye for decorating leaves a lot to be desired. I wanted a nautical theme for his nursery and I enlisted a few of Logan's soon to be Aunties to help me. Auntie Lanissa made the curtains and the entire crib set, including bumpers, sheets and blanket. Her work was perfect. Auntie Dena helped me hand paint the wood shapes we used for the border. Dena caught the crafty spirit and made him her first cross stitch, it is beautiful. When his room was finally done it looked very bright and very busy. My grandmother told me it was not a good nursery for a baby, it was too busy. Oh well I never listened very well. You can see by the pictures below.
I was cleaning Logan's room a little while ago and discovered his walls were rather disgusting. There were little boy foot prints and some other mystery spots all over his walls. Whatever was on the walls it was impervious to my scrubbing efforts. I decided it was time to redecorate. My friend Stacy was talking about painting her kitchen with magnet paint and covering it with chalkboard paint. That sounded like a great idea. Stealing her idea I started the redecoration. "Steve" was a huge help with the color choices and many of the other ideas. We replaced the curtains Auntie Lanissa made, this was very upsetting to Logan, he still asks for them back. We did most of the painting while Logan was at Grandma Shar's house and when I picked him up I told him we painted his room blue and green. His response was, "I wanted ORANGE!!". Well then. What do you say to that? "Steve", being the peacemaker that he is, painted some accents orange. This has pacified Logan, but he does tell me at least three times a week that he wants an orange wall.
We just added the finishing touches, the last, made by Grandma Shar, a sign that hangs above the door. "Good Night, Sleep Tight, Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite.". This saying is part of our nightly ritual. Only Logan likes us to leave the "Don't", word out.
I feel that his new room is more suited to his age and he loves the magnet and chalkboard section of his wall. I like the new look because when we clean his room it really looks clean. Where as before it still looked cluttered. We try to clean the room every night before bed, even Castle helps clean. Truth be told Castle is usually the one who messes it up, but what are little brothers for?

No comments: