Logan loves to get mail. When I came home the other day he had a birthday party invitation for Caci. He opened it and I read the details to him. The words he heard were, party, water and four. After I was done he told me he didn't want to go because he was already four. I explained to him that the party is not for him it is for Caci she is turning four and would like him to come celebrate with her. After a little while he accepted that this party was about someone else.
A few minutes later he told me he needed to let her know he was going to attend with a note. This is because the T.V. told him that when he gets a note in the mail he has to send a note back through the mail. I told him he can do that or, we can call her. The latter was not acceptable, so we wrote a note. He started to dictate the note to me, the first draft was something like this;
Caci,
I am not coming to your party, I am already four....
I had to interrupt him Logan, we just talked about this, remember, this is a party for her not you.... "Oh, I remember.". He began to dictate another letter;
Caci,
I hate cake. I will bring brownies. My birthday is December 18, it is going to be a lot of fun, I hope you come.
Bye, Logan
After a few revisions by Logan the final letter ended up something like this;
Caci,
I hate cake. I will bring brownies.
Bye, Logan
He made me read this to him over and over to make sure I had gotten it right. He insisted the note be on a Spider-man card. We didn't have any, so we put a Spider-man sticker on a blue daisy card. It passed his inspection and did look very classy.
Although he was having a hard time with the idea of someone else having a party, I was proud of the kid and his, er, thoughtfulness when it came to his friend and her note. I was a bit worried about the way it would come across, as he didn't mince words, but at least he gets to the point.
Testing, Testing, Does this Thing Still Work?
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment