Monday, September 22, 2008

Soccer Star


I signed Logan up for outdoor soccer a few months ago. He had been bugging me to let him play again and I finally caved and did it. Well the sign up and the start of soccer were about 2 months apart. By the first game he didn't want to play soccer anymore and he forgot he asked to play. The first game was September 13. He cried a lot of the game and kept telling me he didn't want to play. That could have had nothing to do with his mother not following directions and getting lost, making us late for the game as well as tired from walking about a mile to the correct field!

The second game went a little better, there were no tears but Logan did ask the coach how many more minutes were left about every 45 seconds. By the third game Logan was ready to go. He didn't cry or ask how long was left. He ran after the ball and even scored a goal. As you can see he was very proud of himself.
Today was his fourth game and the middle of the season. He had a great time. He played almost the entire 40 minutes. He didn't cry, he chased the ball without walking and when he was sitting out he was cheering for his teammates. I was soo proud of him. Our team scored 4 goals and 3 of them were by Logan! He was so excited, he called his dad and recounted the events of the game and then called Grandma Shar so he could brag about himself.
On the way home I told him I was proud of him and asked him if he knew why. He said that I was proud because he took all of the things we had been teaching him and put them all together. That he tried, he didn't cry, he didn't ask the coach how long til the game was over. That he cheered for his team and he scored 3 goals.
I am so proud of him, just when I think he isn't listening to me, he pulls off something like that.

No comments: