Sunday, September 14, 2008

It's Like Time Travel

Logan's Papa, ("Steve's" father, I would post his name but I don't want to upset "Steve".) purchased a small electric four wheeler for Logan when Logan was 18 months old. Logan lived on that thing. It was very studly, purple with flames and it reached speeds of 2.5 MPH. Logan would try to drive off of the curbs. As you can see this four wheeler is very small the balance of weight and it's length is not really conducive for taking curbs. Instead of discouraging this behavior "Steve" taught Logan to take the curb at an angle and to lean back to avoid an endo.
Logan loved that thing and when he grew out of it "Steve" bought him the Jeep, which is another story.
We have not been able to get the small wheeler out for Castle because we did not have a charger. One of my neighbors owns the same wheeler and they were very nice and gave us their charger a few days ago. Castle will not get off of the wheeler. He loves it. He tries to drive off of curbs and is still learning to turn. I watch him riding the wheeler and I feel like I have been sent back in time a few years. He looks and acts like his brother did on that thing. It is bitter sweet.

No comments: