Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Sandbox

On October 12th I posted pictures of the boys playing in the snow. Now it is October 26th and the boys are playing in the backyard, in the sandbox. No coats or socks. If I weren't properly medicated I may develop mental issues from the schizophrenic Utah weather.
The sandbox is a beloved spot to play. At Micah's house Logan used to play in a flower bed that has not had any flowers planted in it. The two boys would play in the dirt for hours, often they were caught relieving themselves in different corners, always blaming the other. "Steve" recognized how much Logan loved to dig in the dirt and decided to build him his own sandbox. Logan loves it, but I have to say I think Castle enjoys the sandbox even more than Logan. If Castle goes in the back yard he heads for the sandbox. While he is in it if I turn my head Castle will eat the sand. GROSS! He has done it more than once and was doing it before I took these pictures. When I was much younger I heard that we have an appendix because we used to digest rocks........ I don't know how much I believe that, but if it is true, maybe he still has a hankering for them.
Logan typically is a very good sport when it comes to his brother. To my surprise I have witnessed him give up a lot of toys to his brother just to keep him happy. This is the rare occasion when Logan will stand his ground. As you can see Castle doesn't give up. He is demanding and pushy where his brother is concerned. He also speaks caveman, I am not sure the dialect, but you can hear it here.

Logan claims to understand what Castle is saying. He insists that Castle is speaking baby. Maybe it is true, who knows. I will look back and miss days like this when they are throwing real punches in my living room.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

You're medicated???? It doesn't show.