Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween Party

Logan had his first Halloween party on Saturday the 25th. He was very excited to have costume clad friends come over to his house.
The party started off with the oldie but goodie, eyeballs in guts game. The kids enjoyed reaching into the spaghetti in search of rubber eyeballs and shrunken skulls. The kids then moved on to a candy corn game, I won't bore you with the details. They them decorated sugar cookies, most of the kids ate the cookies "without decorations", children after my heart. Next was the ghost pinata and finally the monster under the tramp.

Near the end of the party Castle found the guts and was entertained the rest of the evening.

All and all I think the party was a success. It seemed all of the kids had fun and went away with a bunch of little party favors their parents will be finding in their cars for weeks to come.
I have to confess, I enjoyed the planning and decorating, after all Halloween is the best holiday. Logan had many people help him prepare for his party. Grandma Shar, Grandpa Danny, Kim and Dena all helped with the preparation and execution. At the party James B. enthusiastically agreed to be the monster under the tramp and he did a phenomenal job. I only wish we were able to capture a picture of him. But I do have a picture of the decorated tramp. Grandma and Grandpa brought cupcakes and several decorations to help create a festive environment. Kim provided almost all of the party favors as well as the sugar cookies for the decorating table. Dena was dressed as a witch, her makeup was excellent. It was so well done that Castle was afraid of her for a little while.
Lanissa brought the ever needed vampire fangs and Jackie brought the dry ice for our spooky root beer.
I am trying out a slide show, you can see pictures from the party in the show to the right.

No comments: