The first swim lesson was supposed to be on Tuesday, but the pump in the pool went out so we had our first lesson today. My neighbor, Kim, signs Logan up for the lessons since I am too lazy to get up at five in the morning and wait in line with the other parents to ensure a spot for him. She signed Logan and her son, Micah, up for the five year old class. They are both four. But before the class started she instructed both of our children to say they were five, if asked. Yes we teach them young around here, fake IDs here we come!
The first lesson went better than I had expected, no one asked Logan his age. Thank God! I am sure he would have told the truth, which would have been hilarious until we were kicked out. With the next swim lesson they will end with jumping off of the diving board. A highly anticipated part of the lesson. This lesson ended with the kids diving for a plastic stick. Logan didn't care too much for it the first time but he caught on and did a great job the second.
I started this paragraph the first time by saying, "not to be outdone by his brother, Castle...". But that is not true. Castle didn't really notice his brother playing in the pool without him since the swimming school has a kiddie pool. At least Castle has turned the puddle in the cement into his own kiddie pool. Castle spent all of his time playing in it. The owner even gave him a sucker for his circus act. The video below is only a short snip-it of how long he spent playing in the water.
Castle was dipping his head in the puddle for half of the hour long swim lesson. Everyone thought it was soo cute, and I agree, but I am just waiting for DCFS to come to my door. He didn't do it on this video but he was eating a sucker and periodically dipped it into the puddle for flavor.

TASTY!!
Well that is all for now, until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment