Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Educating the Kids

“Steve” and I have been working on a few social issues with Logan. There are a few kids at school that, among other things, tell Logan to share his snacks with them. We have been trying to explain that he does not have to share, and we don’t want him to share. Every child brings their own snacks, and no one is going without something to eat. This morning Logan asked if he can give one of his Yogo’s to a classmate. I told him no he can’t share the snack. That he should tell the child to ask his mother to buy him the treat for his snack. He explained that he has been telling the kid this but he doesn’t listen. I decided to back up and try another tactic. I suggested he tell the child he can have one of his snacks if the child pays him a dollar first. We role played this for a minute until Logan was able to combat the objections likely to come at him, no sharing unless he is holding the green. Feeling triumphant I walked away to finish getting the kids ready for school. Castle walked up to me and gave me a Yogo – I took it and told him thank you. He said “Give me a dollar.”. And I am always accusing my children of not listening. I guess I stand corrected.

No comments: